Charles Steve Henry was raised on a farm near Palmyra, MO. He graduated from the University of Missouri - Columbia with a degree in Economics in 1985. It was about this time that Steve read the Investment Classic "The Intelligent Investor" by Benjamin Graham and he was hooked. Since those days Steve has been fascinated by the investment process. Researching what works and what doesn't work, studying the great money managers and how they invest is not only his job but his passion. In 2003 after many years of being a representative for an independent broker dealer, Steve decided to start his own firm. As a Registered Investment Advisor, Steve can manage your money on a fee only basis.
Steve is a Registered Investment Advisor with the State of Illinois. Mr Henry got his start at the University of Missouri-Columbia majoring in Finance and Economics. In 1995 he passed the US Treasury exam which entitles him to practice before the Internal Revenue Service. Following graduation from The College for Financial Planning in 1997 he passed the CFP board exam. He has more than 25 years experience in investment management, financial planning and taxation. Steve has been a guest speaker for various entities regarding retirement planning and various tax issues. He resides in Columbia MO with his wife Laurie and son Charles Sumner.
- B.A. Economics - University MO - Columbia 1985
- Enrolled Agent (EA) - passed US Treasury exam 1995
- President CSH Holdings, Inc. - 1993-2016 (a franchise of H & R Block offices, Accounting Business)
- Graduated College for Financial Planning - Denver, CO 1997
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) - passed comprehensive exam 1998
- President CSH Properties, Inc. - a real estate investment business 1998-present
- Certificate in Financial Asset Management - American College., Bryn Mawr, PA 2004
- Master of Science in Financial Services (MSFS) - American College, Bryn Mawr, PA 2006
- Graduate of Advanced Value Investing course - Los Angeles, California - Instructors: Whitney Tilson & Glenn Tongue
- Graduate of the Value Investing course-Columbia University Graduate School- New York, NY- Instructor: Bruce Greenwald 2008 and again 2019.
- In addition, Steve has experience as an instructor to professional groups covering such topics as taxation, retirement planning, and estate issues.
- ongoing student and contributor Heilbrunn Center for Graham and Dodd Investing at Columbia University Business School in New York.